Want a change of pace? Have you considered relocating to the sunny Eastern Bay of Plenty? If you are an experienced structural professional looking to step into a leadership role with a dynamic and fully employee-owned consultancy, we have the role for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Team Leader to join our medium-sized firm.
The Structural team, currently located in Whakatane, is a tight knit team of two engineers, and a project administrator. This opportunity would suit a Senior Structural Engineer keen to step up into a lead level role. Reporting directly to the Structural Engineering Director based in Christchurch, the successful candidate will be given the autonomy to grow and develop the team and to develop relationships with new clients.
The role provides the flexibility to combine working on-site in the Whakatane office and from home. Other areas for primary place of work such as Tauranga and Rotorua will also be considered. Relocation assistance is on offer if the successful candidate does not already reside in the Eastern Bay of Plenty region.
The Whakatane office was established in 2017 in response to the ongoing growth and development in the Bay of Plenty region. Whakatane is nestled in a picturesque and vibrant region known for its natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and welcoming community. This office has been consistently busy since its inception and continues to expand with interesting and diverse residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Lead and manage a team of talented structural engineers, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and support.
- Oversee the planning, design, and execution of various structural engineering projects, ensuring compliance with industry standards, regulations, and client specifications.
- Collaborate with architects, contractors, and clients to develop innovative and cost-effective solutions for structural designs.
- Conduct thorough project assessments, including feasibility studies, structural analysis, and risk evaluations.
- Seismic assessment and design.
- Review and approve technical drawings, calculations, and project deliverables to ensure accuracy, quality, and adherence to project timelines.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment, promoting knowledge sharing, professional development, and continuous improvement.
- Cultivate strong client relationships, understand their needs, and deliver exceptional customer service to exceed their expectations.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, advancements, and best practices in structural engineering, and implement relevant changes within the team.
- Uphold quality control measures and deliver projects within defined timelines and budgets.
Ideally you will already be based and eligible to work in New Zealand, and hold the following qualifications and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in Structural/Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Structural Engineering.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng), or eligibility for and working towards registration in New Zealand.
- New Zealand based experience would be highly advantageous.
- Proven experience in structural engineering, including design, analysis, and project management.
- Strong leadership abilities, with a track record of successfully leading and developing teams.
- Proficient in using structural analysis software and design tools.
- Sound knowledge of relevant codes, regulations, and standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively interact with clients, stakeholders, and team members.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, and meet project deadlines.
Established in the mid-1980s, EDC is a respected medium-sized company offering multi-disciplinary expertise providing clients with an innovative, reliable, friendly service and creative solutions to ensure a smooth pathway from conception to completion. EDC is resourced in structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and fire engineering service and has offices in Auckland, Christchurch, and Whakatane (Bay of Plenty). The individual engineering teams integrate with each other across projects in a supportive team working environment. We have strong existing partnerships with a wide range of clients, working alongside architects, developers, planners, surveyors and building owners.
With just under fifty employees, EDC fosters a supportive and friendly workplace culture and work-life balance, with regular social events, approachable management and a focus on staff wellbeing and career development across the board.
Alongside a market leading salary package, the benefits on offer could include but are not limited to:
- Private use of company vehicle and a parking bay at the office.
- Company ownership/shares options.
- Annual bonus (discretionary).
- Flexible working arrangements including a 9day/80hour fortnight option.
- Gym membership.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Memberships to professional registrations.
- Annual training budget for professional development.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, apply today! Or contact us directly on 09 451 9044 or email@example.com.