WHO WE ARE
Engineering Design Consultants (EDC) is an engineering consultancy with offices in Auckland, Christchurch and the Bay of Plenty offering structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and fire engineering services.
We know there are many companies looking for Engineering staff at the moment.
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
- We are a well-established company with a large number of returning clients and plenty of work in the pipeline
- We have grown to over 40 staff spread over three offices but are still small enough to value our friendly family culture
- Our size means you can see jobs through from start to finish and can feel you are contributing and making a difference
- We offer our staff a competitive salary and provide support with training and development.
- We always strive to provide an excellent professional service to our clients
- We listen to our staff and are committed to providing opportunities for feedback so we can continue to provide a productive and supportive environment
- We believe excellent communication is at the heart of our operations and essential to ensure effective relationships with both our staff and clients
- We recognise our staff have a life outside work and thus have a Flexible Work Policy so you can get to those important personal occasions and appointments when you need to
Provide technical expertise for the Canterbury Structural team including the following key tasks:
- Lead and manage Structural design projects
- Prepare Structural design documentation
- Construction monitoring and site inspections
- Preparation of fee proposals, tender documents, reports and assessments
- Supervision of junior and draughting staff
- Client liaison and general networking to provide ongoing business opportunities
There is the potential to move into a Team Leadership role once the appointee becomes familiar with EDC.
The full job description is available here.
You will need to be a NZ citizen or resident with full Covid vaccination status and have a valid NZ Driver’s Licence.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A tertiary qualification in engineering
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Professional
- Minimum of six years’ professional experience in structural engineering (preferably NZ experience)
- A track record of structural engineering assessment and design with the ability to lead projects
- Good knowledge of technical software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and especially in report writing