Who We Are:
Engineering Design Consultants Ltd (EDC) is an engineering consultancy with offices in Auckland, Christchurch and the Bay of Plenty offering Structural, Civil, Geotechnical, Environmental and Fire engineering services.
We are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Structural Engineer and know there are many other companies looking too.
Here’s Why You Should Join Us:
- Our Auckland office is located in Albany on the North Shore so you can avoid the city commute.
- We are a well-established company with a large number of returning clients and plenty of work in the pipeline.
- We have grown to 40 staff spread over three offices but are still small enough to value our friendly family culture.
- You may have the opportunity to visit our other offices and collaborate with projects there.
- Our size means you can see jobs through from start to finish and can feel you are contributing and making a difference.
- We offer our staff a competitive salary and provide support with training and development.
- We always strive to provide an excellent professional service to our clients.
- We listen to our staff and are committed to providing opportunities for feedback so we can continue to provide a productive and supportive work environment.
- We believe excellent communication is at the heart of our operations and essential to effective relationships with both our staff and clients.
- We recognise our staff have a life outside work and thus have a Flexible Work Policy so you can get to those important occasions and appointments when you need to.
The role includes engineering design, reports and documentation work, project coordination, on-site construction monitoring and establishing and maintaining client relationships.
If you already have several years’ engineering experience and want to continue to grow, then this could be the job for you. We are looking for someone who wants to contribute to our collaborative environment and add value to our Structural team.
You will need to be a NZ Citizen or have a Full Residence Permit and a full clean NZ Driver’s Licence.
- A NZ tertiary qualification in engineering or Washington Accord accredited degree
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Professional (CPEng)
- Design work in steel, concrete, timber and masonry structures
- Briefing Draughters and checking their work
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good inter-personal and relationship-building skills
- A willingness and aptitude to learn and extend knowledge
- A team player
For more information on this role, please refer to the attached job description.