WHO WE ARE
Engineering Design Consultants Ltd (EDC) is a medium-sized, multi-disciplined engineering consultancy providing clients with an innovative, reliable, friendly service and creative solutions to ensure a smooth pathway from conception to completion. We have offices in Auckland, Christchurch and in the Bay of Plenty offering structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and fire engineering services predominantly for architects, developers, planners, surveyors and building owners.
We are looking for a technician to support our Geotechnical team in the Christchurch office.
- Undertake and supervise field work for geotechnical investigations including hand augers, soil sampling testing, scala penetrometers and supervising contractors.
- Logging of information and production of illustrative figures
- Report writing
- Assist in preparation of design documents and drawings
- Undertake construction monitoring including formation inspections and compaction supervision
- Communicate with the geotechnical team to deliver project documentation and outcomes to required deadlines.
These duties may also be undertaken for the Civil team when required.
- Ensure all work is appropriately designed, filed, checked, published and distributed in accordance with EDC Quality Assurance and IT policies;
- To ensure that all work undertaken, and behavior exhibited is in accordance with appropriate professional and technical standards and in accordance with EngNZ Code of Ethics and AS/NZS Standards.
You will need to be a NZ citizen or have an appropriate work visa.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous Geotechnical field work experience
- Tertiary qualification related to civil engineering or geology preferred
- Hard working with good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Fit and healthy to undertake manual site work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A professional manner
- Good communication with colleagues and others
- Good personal organisation skills
- Full clean NZ drivers’ licence
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally
- Tidy & presentable
- Aptitude to learn new tools / software as required
- Desire to maintain professional knowledge through up skilling and on-going training and/or development
- Excellent inter-personal skills to collaboratively work and contribute within the team on projects
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- A team player with an enthusiasm to learn
- A passion for engineering
- A positive and proactive attitude