Who We Are:
Engineering Design Consultants (EDC) is an engineering consultancy with offices in Auckland, Christchurch and the Bay of Plenty offering structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and fire engineering services.
We know there are many companies looking for Engineering staff at the moment.
Here’s Why You Should Join Us:
- We are a well-established company with a large number of returning clients and plenty of work in the pipeline
- We have grown to over 40 staff spread over three offices but are still small enough to value our friendly family culture
- Our size means you can see jobs through from start to finish and can feel you are contributing and making a difference
- We offer our staff a competitive salary and provide support with training and development.
- We always strive to provide an excellent professional service to our clients
- We listen to our staff and are committed to providing opportunities for feedback so we can continue to provide a productive and supportive environment
- We believe excellent communication is at the heart of our operations and essential to ensure effective relationships with both our staff and clients
- We recognise our staff have a life outside work and thus have a Flexible Work Policy so you can get to those important personal occasions and appointments when you need to
- We believe that excellent communication is key to our operations and essential for effective relationships with both our staff and clients we do
We are looking for a Geotechnical Team Leader for our growing Whakatane office in the thriving Bay of Plenty.
The role involves providing technical expertise so the Whakatane Geotechnical Team can provide a high level of professional service to its clients. The key technical tasks include:
- Managing the BoP Geotechnical employee performance, workflow, work hours etc in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures;
- Undertake the Lead Engineer role on significant projects;
- Provide best practice geotechnical and geo-environmental investigations plus design in consultation with clients.
Although all senior staff help train less-experienced staff, it is the Team Leader role in EDC that plays a vital role in ensuring effective coaching, mentoring and leadership takes place.
The role also includes maintaining existing client relationships along with identification of new business opportunities.
Please see the attached job description for the detailed list of tasks.
You will need to be a NZ Citizen or have an appropriate work visa and a valid NZ Driver’s Licence.
The Essentials We are Looking for:
- A tertiary qualification in geotechnical engineering
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Professional (CPEng or CPEngGeol)
- A minimum of five years’ professional experience in geotechnical engineering
- Seismic experience would be advantageous
- Field logging of soils and rock
- Wide range of slope stability investigation and analysis
- Knowledge of technical software e.g. Slide, CoreGS, CPeT-IT, Cliq and MS Office
- Experience in managing or leading a team is desirable
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and especially in report-writing
- Excellent inter-personal and relationship-building skills along with the ability to create a cohesive team culture
- A willingness and aptitude to extend engineering knowledge and develop/extend leadership skills
- Aptitude to learn new software as required