Are you an experienced geotechnical professional looking to step into a leadership role with a dynamic and fully employee-owned consultancy? We have an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Team Leader to join our medium-sized firm located in a bustling and vibrant region of Auckland’s North Shore.
The Auckland Geotechnical team is a small team remotely supported by the wider group of Geotechnical Engineers from the Christchurch and Whakatane offices. This Team Leader role would suit a Senior Engineer keen to step up into a lead level role. Reporting directly to the Geotechnical Engineering Director, the successful candidate will have the freedom to grow and develop the team, and to develop relationships with new clients, in line with the continued expansion and growth of the consultancy
- Lead and manage a team of geotechnical engineers and technicians to ensure high-quality project delivery.
- Oversee the planning, execution, and reporting of geotechnical investigations and assessments.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on geotechnical engineering projects, including foundation design, slope stability analysis, and earthworks.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure seamless integration of geotechnical considerations into multidisciplinary projects.
- Conduct site visits and inspections to assess geotechnical conditions and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, ensuring excellent service and client satisfaction.
- Prepare proposals, project budgets, and actively participate in business development activities.
- Stay updated with industry trends, standards, and regulations to enhance the team’s technical capabilities.
- Mentor and support junior team members in their professional development.
Ideally you will already be based and eligible to work in New Zealand, and hold the following qualifications and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng), or eligibility for and working towards registration in New Zealand.
- New Zealand based experience would be highly advantageous.
- Strong technical knowledge in geotechnical engineering principles, soil mechanics, and foundation design.
- Proven experience in managing and delivering geotechnical projects within budget and on schedule.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex technical information effectively.
- Proficiency in relevant software, such as geotechnical analysis and design programs.
- A proactive and collaborative approach, with the ability to motivate and inspire team members.
- Demonstrated business acumen and client management skills.
Established in the mid-1980s, EDC is a respected medium-sized company offering multi-disciplinary expertise providing clients with an innovative, reliable, friendly service and creative solutions to ensure a smooth pathway from conception to completion. EDC is resourced in structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and fire engineering service and has offices in Auckland, Christchurch, and Whakatane (Bay of Plenty). The individual engineering teams integrate with each other across projects in a supportive team working environment. We have strong existing partnerships with a wide range of clients, working alongside architects, developers, planners, surveyors and building owners.
With just under fifty employees, EDC fosters a supportive and friendly workplace culture and work-life balance, with regular social events, approachable management and a focus on staff wellbeing and career development across the board.
Alongside a market leading salary package, the benefits on offer could include but are not limited to:
- Private use of company vehicle and a parking bay at the office.
- Company ownership/shares options.
- Annual bonus (discretionary).
- Flexible working arrangements including a 9day/80hour fortnight option.
- Gym membership.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Memberships to professional registrations.
- Annual training budget for professional development.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, apply today! Or contact us directly on 09 451 9044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.